Licensed Practical Nurse PA
Nursing | Spring City, PA | Full Time
Licensed Practical Nurse - Direct Care
Southeastern Veterans Center - Spring City, PA
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for Licensed Practical Nurse(s) to provide services at their state-run facility in Pittsburg, PA. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while networking within the state employment system.
Requires current Pennsylvania License for Practical Nurse or is eligible to sit for the Practical Nurse Licensure Examination. Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products. Ability to enter health data for residents into electronic medical records database.
Must be available weekends and 2nd shift.
This is practical nursing work in the care and treatment of individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or developmental disability or the care of individuals having difﬁculty meeting their daily living activities at a Commonwealth facility
- Implements nursing care plans by performing a variety of practical nursing and individual/patient/resident/inmate care duties including preparing, administering, and recording medications and treatments prescribed by the physician and observing and reporting changes in the physical and emotional behavior of individuals /patients /residents /inmates with a mental or physical injury or illness and/ or developmental disability or individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities
- Work also includes taking and recording vital signs, collecting specimens and preparing and maintaining progress notes and other administrative reports as required
- Work also involves participation in carrying out the total treatment program to include habilitation and rehabilitation programs as established by the interdisciplinary treatment team and include daily living and leisure time activities
- Work may also involve charge responsibility for a living or patient care area, including responsibility for maintenance of prescribed treatment and therapeutic regimens; overseeing unlicensed personnel; and requesting professional evaluation, treatment or emergency care, as needed
- Additional job functions as outlined in the Position Description provided to applicants for review
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.