Licensed Practical Nurse - Direct Care (PA1555)
Nursing | Spring City, PA | Full Time
Licensed Practical Nurse - Direct Care
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for full-time Licensed Practical Nurse to provided services at their state-run facility in Spring City, PA. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and or enhance valuable work experience. We have multiple positions and shifts to meet any work schedule need.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs practical nursing work in the care and treatment of individuals with mental or physical injury or illness and/or developmental disability or the care of individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities at a Commonwealth facility.
- Implements nursing care plans by performing a variety of practical nursing and individual/patient/resident/inmate care duties including preparing, administering and recording medications and treatments prescribed by the physician and observing and reporting changes in the physical and emotional behavior of individuals/patients/residents/inmates with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or development disability or individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities.
- Work also includes taking and recording vital signs, collecting specimens and preparing and maintaining progress notes and other administrative reports as required.
- Participates in carrying out the total treatment program to include habilitation and rehabilitation programs as established by the interdisciplinary treatment team and include daily living and leisure time activities.
- Work may also involve charge responsibility for a living or patient care area, including responsibility and requesting a professional evaluation, treatment or emergency care, as needed.
- Work is performed in accordance with established laws, rules and regulations, and appropriate practical nursing standards and nursing procedures.
- Supervision may be received from a Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor; however, by law, nursing duties which require licensure are performed under the direction of a Registered Nurse or a Physician who reviews the work in progress, through reports and by ward or living area inspections and observations.
- Nurses are expected to be competent in the following areas at a minimum but limited to: airway insertion, first aid, catheter insertion, AED, administering oxygen, IV therapy, heparin lock insertion and irrigation, medication administration, injections, treatments, vital signs, nursing protocols, participating in the plan of care, ambu bag, audiogram testing, medications, telebinocular testing, universal/standard precautions, catheter care, catheter insertion, perineal care, documentation of IV therapy, heparin lock insertion, and irrigation, initiation and care of tubing care of a heparin well, parenteral management, secondary medications, use of IV infusion pump, use of manual flow regulator, venipuncture, IM, intradermal, subcutaneous injections, dose calculations, inhalers, oral, suppository, topical medication administration, documentation on a Medication Administration Record, Tuberculin testing, accepting and documentation of orders from licensed practitioner, if within the scope of practice, transcription of orders, 02 mas and O2 nasal usage, peak flow meter usage, pulse oximeter usage, respiratory mask usage, suctioning, restraints, specimen collection, ventilator care, o & pc collection, urine dip stick, wound culture, ace wrap, anti-embolic hose, arm sling, binders, CPR, evacu chair, isolation, knee immobilizer, K-Pad application, braces, traction, control of hemorrhage, decubitus care, drains, dressing changes, ear irrigation, EKG, enemas, eye irrigation, eye staining, glucometer usage, Hoyer lift technique, jejunostom, tube-enteral nutrition, K Pad machine, nasogastric/gastrostomy feedings, nasogastric tube insertion, nasogastric tube irrigation, nebulizer treatment, nephrostomy, neurological checks, ostomy care, suture/removal, vaginal douche, sterile technique, wound care, blood pressure, and vital signs.
- Candidate must function within his/her standards of nursing practices at all times.
- Requires current Pennsylvania License for Practical Nurse or is eligible to sit for the Practical Nurse Licensure Examination.
- Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.