Licensed Practical Nurse - Direct Care (1887)
Gen Practice | South Mountain, PA | Contract
Licensed Practical Nurse – Direct Care
Work Location: South Mountain, PA
Implements nursing care plans by performing a variety of practical nursing and resident care duties including preparing, administering, and recording medications and treatments prescribed by the physician and observing and reporting changes in the physical and emotional behavior of residents with a mental or physical illness and/or individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities. Work also includes taking and recording vital signs, collecting specimens and preparing and maintaining progress notes and other administrative reports as required. Work also involves participation in carrying out the total treatment program to include habilitation and rehabilitation programs as established by the interdisciplinary treatment team and include daily living and leisure time activities. Work may also involve charge responsibility for a living area, including responsibility for maintenance of prescribed treatment and therapeutic regimens; overseeing unlicensed personnel; and requesting professional evaluation, treatment or emergency care, as needed. SECOND SHIFT AND THIRD SHIFT AVAILABLE.
• Requires current Pennsylvania License for Practical Nurse or is eligible to sit for the Practical Nurse Licensure Examination.
• Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
• A Current clearance in Elder Abuse, PSP or FBI background check.
• Ability to enter health data for residents into electronic medical records database.
• Knowledge of practical nursing theory and practice, and of the materials used and practical nursing procedures involved in ward and living areas.
• Knowledge of illnesses and injuries including symptomatology, appropriate medical terminology, abbreviations and symbols.
• Knowledge of medications prescribed, including calibration of dosage, expected effects, drug interactions, side effects and expected response to ensure that the resident receives safe administration of medication.
• Ability to prepare living area and resident care and treatment reports and to maintain appropriate records.
• Ability to maintain a therapeutic attitude toward individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness and to maintain effective working relationships with professional and non-professional staff and the general public.
• Ability to administer prescribed prescriptions and treatment and to observe, record and report symptoms, vital signs and response to health interventions provided.
• Ability to implement nursing care and treatment plans for each resident.
• Ability to understand and follow oral or written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to position, lift and transfer non-ambulatory residents as needed.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.