Licensed Clinical Social Worker (10932)
Social Work | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for Licensed Clinical Social Worker candidates to work for our potential client. In this role, you will provide mental health care support to detainees. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Assess and evaluate the mental health of detainees and refer to outside treatment facilities if necessary.
- Complete written evaluation reports on the mental health status of referred detainees.
- Provide counseling, psychotherapy, behavioral analysis, and substance abuse education as required.
- Serve as a mental health consultant to other health professionals at the facility.
- Recognize problems of adjustment, maladaptive behavior or other conditions that may interfere with successful treatment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice social work in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, at the independent level as recognized in the state licensed, whereby clinical supervision is not required.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.