Education | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Librarian to work with our client. In this role, you will report to the Director of Education and will be responsible for managing and maintaining the campus’ library resources and services, catering to the needs of up to 2,000 unaccompanied children who are temporarily housed at an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF). The Librarian will ensure that appropriate locations across the campus are safe and welcoming environments that encourage reading, learning, and exploration, while also supporting the educational and recreational needs of the children.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Manage and maintain the collection of books, magazines, newspapers, and other reading materials across the campus, ensuring that they are up-to-date, relevant, culturally sensitive, and comply with ORR policies.
- Develop and implement programs and activities that promote literacy, language acquisition, and academic success.
- Collaborate with teachers, social workers, and other staff to identify and address the specific educational and cultural needs of the unaccompanied child population, tailoring library resources and services accordingly.
- Provide guidance and support to children as they select and use library materials, promoting critical thinking, curiosity, and creativity.
- Maintain accurate records of library transactions and use, and compile statistical reports as required by the ORR.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable library environment at locations throughout the campus, enforcing rules and procedures as necessary, and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Promote the library's services and resources to children and staff, through outreach, marketing, and publicity efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in library science or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a library or related educational setting, with a demonstrated ability to work with children and young adults.
- Knowledge of library management systems and procedures, as well as current trends and best practices in library services for children and young adults.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- May require working evenings and on weekends.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.