Lead Medical Logistician (12161)
Supply Chain | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Lead Medical Logistician to play a key role in organizing and managing the supply chain process for an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF) healthcare program. Primary responsibilities include identifying life cycles of products, acquisition, storage, and issuing of medical, clinical, and emergency service supplies, as well as routine warehouse products and supplies for healthcare programs. The Lead Medical Logistician reports to the Health Services Administrator (HSA).
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have.
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing warehouse and healthcare program supplies, materials, and products.
- Supervises and manages warehouse employees and ensures proper and timely ordering and distribution of supplies.
- Overseeing supply chain processes, such as purchases, inventory, warehouse spacing and transportation services.
- Identifying ways to improve logistical operations.
- Conducts all ordering processes, returns, and inspections on all materials, equipment, and supplies received to verify items are received in new condition.
- Strategizing for time and cost savings throughout the supply chain process.
- Analyzing factors that affect the supply chain and implementing fail safe processes to prevent deficiencies in material, equipment, and supply receipt.
- Collaborating with healthcare providers and medical leadership to identify needs and shortfalls to prevent work stoppages and ensure clinic personnel receive critical items timely.
- Establishing and updating supply chain policies and processes.
- Working with contractors, staff, and outside stakeholders to conduct routine inventories and submit reports as required.
- Establishing minimum and maximum quantity levels for all products, supplies, and equipment needs to ensure proper and expedient replenishment of stock.
- Establishing the best warehouse methodologies for product and equipment location, tracking, scanning, and delivery systems.
- Establishing security protocols to prevent pilferage of controlled and stocked items.
- May be required to workdays, evenings, and weekends as part of the overall safety preventative operations program.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Participates as the liaison between departments and supply chains to provide requested products and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (ASTL) – or similar certification preferred.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of experience as a Medical Logistician or similar role.
- Knowledge of medical supply and equipment terminology, stocking, and storing requirements.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of ordering processes, warehouse management software, and warehouse operations.
- Excellent knowledge of contract procurement and fulfillment standards.
- Excellent attention to detail in performing job duties to prevent overages, under ordering, and loss of supplies and equipment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding best practices in logistics.
- Knowledge of warehouse logistics, inventory control, and warehouse operations software.
- Ability to prepare reports using collected data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe working environment to prevent injury to persons or damage to supplies and equipment.
- Ability to make time crucial decision during emergencies and disasters for providing supplies and protecting warehouse inventory.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, manager, and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, and various computer-based programs and software.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Works well as a team member and independently.
- Skilled in time management.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Must pass an extensive federal background check, including fingerprinting.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screenings throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Must attend work according to routine schedules and during emergencies and disasters.
- Must have reliable transportation to attend work according to work or shift schedule.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.