Medical Laboratory Technician | Irving, TX | Full Time
Who we are
InGenesis is a successful and established Workforce Solutions Company aiming to help you find valuable employment in the areas of healthcare and clinical laboratory positions. Today, InGenesis is one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States ensuring significant employment opportunities with available positions across the nation.
Purpose of job
-Under direct supervision, is responsible for the collecting and processing of specimens from patients, documenting results according to established procedures.
-Assists with performing specimen analysis, instrument maintenance, and quality control procedures as indicated.
-Follows quality assurance and safety policies and procedures.
-Assists with patient flow as needed. Collects appropriate specimens from patients as ordered.
- Maintains proper documentation as described by the quality assurance program including accessioning logs, test report logs, quality control logs, equipment records and checklists.
- Performs specimen analysis of all chemistry, hematology, immunology specimens as directed.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and ensures that all supplies are viable before using in patient testing.
- Assists with testing procedures according to procedure guidelines.
- Sends specimens to reference laboratories for any testing not performed in house.
-Processes incoming orders for lab testing.
-Processes in-house and in-coming results for charting. Charts patient results in a timely manner.
- Update and file all daily paperwork, lab logs and maintenance logs.
- Arrange for transfusion of blood products when ordered by physician. Operates designated laboratory equipment as directed.
- Uses equipment effectively, skillfully and efficiently. Maintains equipment and work area as directed. Performs testing under CLIA guidelines for personnel.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly instrument maintenance as indicated. Records proper lot numbers of all controls, calibrator, and reagents.
- Identifies troubleshooting procedures and calls technical services as needed. Implements and complies with safety and quality assurance standards.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards. Adheres to all OSHA compliance laws and Universal Precaution procedures.
- Properly disposes of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean working environment and restocks the laboratory area as needed.
- Performs phlebotomy and sample collection procedures as needed.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients and medical staff.
Entry level and requires 0-3 years' experience.
At InGenesis we aim to provide employees the tools they need to succeed as individuals and as employees. For this reason, we offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays.
Ensure your next employment opportunity.
Apply now by contacting Ernest Saldivar at 210-366-0033 x337 or submitting your resume.