Laboratory Technician (10094)
Laboratory Technician | Reynoldsburg, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician to work with our client located in Reynoldsburg, OH. In this role, you will assist in activities related to testing of food samples to ensure they are safe for human and animal consumption.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepare samples for testing.
- Conduct basic/routine laboratory activities following test procedures.
- Perform tests in step-by-step manner.
- Maintain all necessary records of tests & quality control procedures.
- Participate in laboratory certification and check sample programs.
- Dispose chemical and microbiological wastes in accordance with SOP's,
- Decontaminate & properly disposes of all discarded materials from laboratory.
- Clean & sterilize glassware & other laboratory supplies for distribution.
- Confer with appropriate staff regarding positive test results.
- Calibrates equipment & maintains laboratory.
- Receive and inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Complete routine forms & reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience as a Laboratory Technician or formal education in arithmetic that included fractions, decimals & percentages.
- Preferred: Undergraduate coursework in the sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work alone on most tasks.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.