Lab Assistant (9071)
Medical Assistants | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time and Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Lab Assistant to work with our client located in Indianapolis, IN. In this role, you will perform instrument maintenance, answer calls, dispense blood products, and process incoming samples from hospital.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Sort and receive specimens
- Perform routine instrument maintenance on equipment.
- Prepare reagents or media.
- Prepare specimens at workstations for testing.
- Perform QA/QC duties as assigned.
- Resolve pending lists.
- Find missing samples.
- Decontaminate work areas.
- Perform weekly radioactive wipe tests.
- Maintain files for department records.
- Change gas cylinders.
- Follow all PPE requirements and safety regulations.
- Use laboratory computer system as well as operates PCs.
- Dispose of biohazardous material.
- Complete training and competency checklists as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical assistant training helpful.
- 0-6 months of lab experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.