Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (10241)
Pharmacy | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Inpatient Pharmacy Technician to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will prepare Sterile Admixtures, dispense unit dose medications via carousels and Automated Dispensing Cabinets, and distribute / maintain medications and equipment for patient care units accurately and efficiently.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Medication Preparation and Distribution.
- Accurately and efficiently fill unit dose carts and first doses
- Accurately and efficiently pull drugs to refill controlled access cabinets
- Accurately and efficiently deliver medications/supplies to designated areas
- Sterile Compounding/Preparation.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare small and large volume parenteral sterile products (non-hazardous and non-investigational)
- Inventory Management.
- Restocking medications/supplies
- Complete cycle counts in carousel
- Ensure medication security and accountability
- Monitors area inventory and supplies, notifies appropriate personnel when shortages and/or outages noted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Certificate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Required Certification: Current Pharmacy Technician Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP).
- Preferred Certification: ACPE approved IV (sterile products) certification
- Required Experience: None
- Preferred: 1 year experience in hospital pharmacy
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.