Infectious Disease Coordinator (11952)
Registered Nurse / RN | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Infectious Disease Coordinator to work with our client. In this role, you will provide on-site nursing care under the direction of Director of Nursing (DON) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), related to supporting the unique needs of the Unaccompanied Children (UC) population, following state licensing requirements and Nurse Practice Act. Provide oversight in the management of UC population that is in isolation for potentially or diagnosed infectious/contagious diseases. Support UC health and wellness including immunizations, family planning, reproductive health, and all activities relating to the unification of UC with an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) vetted sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Performs nursing assessments on UC population as they arrive at facility, in isolation areas, and in the medical clinic, following established nursing guidelines and protocols.
- Performs waived testing as prescribed by CMO, in accordance with nursing standing operating procedures (SOP).
- Functions as the manager of isolation and quarantine areas when there are UCs with potentially infectious diseases, under direction of DON.
- Administers vaccinations and medications in accordance with standing orders or medical orders written by clinic medical staff, following nursing SOP.
- Provides medications and treatment to isolated/quarantined UC population as prescribed by physicians or mid-level providers.
- Adheres to infection control procedures in isolation areas and ensures all staff are utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Assists DON and occupational health coordinator with PPE training of staff as well as fit testing of N95 when isolation areas are not in use.
- Assists with clinic staffing and scheduling as needed.
- Participates in all patient care safety/incident reporting related to nursing practice and corrective action planning/implementation/training.
- Maintains log of UCs in isolation or quarantine and coordinates with other service lines to ensure the UC needs are met throughout isolation period.
- Adheres to program reporting guidelines.
- Collaborates with other senior leaders to build a culture of safety, health care equality, and evidence-based practice.
- May serve as charge nurse for rotating shifts, as needed.
- May serve as clinic registered nurse if isolation/quarantine area is empty.
- Functions as direct supervisor to nursing staff, as assigned.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, with at least 5 years of experience working in primary care, pediatrics, or other ambulatory care setting.
- Experience in public health or infectious disease setting is desired.
- Charge nurse or other nursing supervisory experience is desired.
- Current and unrestricted RN license in Texas.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Pass nursing competency assessments for skills required at ORR.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to wear N95 for 8-12 hr. shift, respiratory clearance.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.