Infection Preventionist / CIC (12354)
Infection Control | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Infection Preventionist / CIC
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking an Infection Preventionist to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will perform skilled nursing facility ICAR assessments.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Review modified ICAR to ensure it captures appropriate information.
• Write to nursing homes to describe the project and encourage participation.
• Devise method to track in-person training provided to each nursing home by other IPs.
• Determine order in which ICAR assessments will take place.
• Receive, review, and store assessment data and other related information.
• Facilitate cordial and cooperative communication.
• Align multiple efforts to improve infection prevention and control capacity in nursing homes.
• Serve as primary contact with contracting organization to facilitate completion of contract.
• Develop timeline to manage completion of project.
• Track progress of contract completion in a timely fashion.
• Determine how to use the visit results to improve the skills of the nursing home front line staff.
• Remove barriers the contracting organization encounters to perform onsite visits and submit data to the department.
• Provide updates to supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be Certified in Infection Control / CIC (which requires RN license or bachelor’s degree).
• 1+ year of experience using NHSN criteria to identify healthcare associated infections.
• Must have PC experience with Windows based applications.
• Possess excellent communication, organizational, and phone etiquette skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.