Housing & Rental Assistance Specialist (10493)
Social Work | Roswell, GA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Housing & Rental Assistance Specialist to work with our client located in Roswell, GA. In this role, you will be responsible for processing and underwriting applications for applicants seeking assistance with rent, utilities and homelessness stability services through emergency funding provided by the state as part of the federal Emergency Rental Assistance program.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provide customer service, family intervention and social work to individuals seeking federal governmental assistance.
- Accurately review, process, analyze and disburse payments for large quantities of applications.
- Ensure each application is complete and includes any required supporting documentation
- Effectively communicate with tenants and landlords through the program’s online portal, email and phone.
- Effectively communicate and confirm eligibility and payment statuses with team lead
- Conduct income and other eligibility quality control checks.
- Schedule payments subject to the team leads review and approval.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and 2+ years of related experience OR 3+ years of direct professional experience related to the relevant duties for this position.
- Effective and efficient time management skills.
- Experience working with homeless service systems, particularly homelessness prevention programs, and/or public benefit programs
- Prior experience in underwriting, federal compliance, finance, accounting and/or high volume application processing.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.