Health Data Lead (11326)
Medical Records | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is seeking a Health Data Lead to work for our client. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring data quality of health data entries pertaining to Unaccompanied Children (UC) at an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF). This position will partner with the ORR and medical staff to improve the overall accuracy, quality, and completeness of UC health data entries and facilitate modifications as necessary.
Apply today and we'll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Supervises a team of data entry technicians to ensure the effective and efficient documentation of healthcare data in electronic systems
- Audits accuracy and performs a quality review of electronic and manual patient data entry and facilitates resolution of any discrepancies.
- Develops health data management standards (templates and processes).
- Ensures the facility meets ORR data collection and entry requirements through review of processes and medical documentation.
- Monitors workflow to meet turnaround times, production standards, and project deadlines.
- Streamlines and improves processes to become more efficient.
- Ensures that training materials are created, updated, and available throughout the facility.
- Trains current and new staff on data-entry processes within UC Portal and other systems requiring data entry.
- Interacts and communicates with medical staff daily as needed - educating them in the process of clarifying documentation in the UC Portal.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management (preferred)
- Previous experience working with Health Information Management or Medical Records
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) certification (preferred)
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain the computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.