Field Specimen Processor - Phlebotomist (10425)
Phlebotomist | Las Vegas, NV | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Field Specimen Processor to work as a Phlebotomist with our client located in Las Vegas, NV. In this role, you will be responsible for collecting and shipping patient specimens in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Greets and identifies patients according to SOP.
- Obtains billing and testing information according to SOP.
- Reviews test requisition for proper test collection
- Assembles equipment necessary to collect specimen.
- Collects specimens for drug testing according to SOP and order of the draw.
- Match requisition to collection of tubes for completion.
- Centrifuge when necessary.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly maintenance and quality control on test kits and urinalysis equipment.
- Prepares and packages specimens for shipping to testing location according to SOP.
- Performs customer service duties to include phone inquiries and patient encounters.
- Collects patient payments according to SOP.
- Is trained on and adheres to all HIPAA and DrugScan compliance policies as they pertain to patient information, orders and billing processes.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations to include proper handling procedures of samples, cleanliness and neatness of workstations and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and Phlebotomy Certification required.
- Experience drawing blood required.
- Experience in phlebotomy and specimen processing.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to interact well with doctors, patients and clinical staff.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
EEO Statement on Job Postings:
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation in the hiring process, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.