Epidemiology Case Information Specialist (13193)
Data Processor | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Epidemiology Case Information Specialist
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking an Epidemiology Case Information Specialist to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will help facilitate the transfer of COVID-19 case information between Pennsylvania and other states/jurisdictions.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Undergo PA-NEDSS training.
• Adhere to security protocols and protect confidential patient information.
• Recognize and identify critical components of laboratory test data despite varying names from different labs.
• Develop proficiency using PA-NEDSS to enter high-quality patient and test result data.
• Identify common patterns and errors in reporting.
• Help develop guidance and policy that improves overall reporting.
• Perform data cleaning activities, such as identifying and correcting complex issues such as conflicting jurisdiction information, address assignment, date mismatches, etc., using critical reasoning skills to guide judgement.
• Send cases, contacts, or messages to other states/jurisdictions via secure communication channels.
• Review records of out-of-state/out-of-jurisdiction cases.
• Report cases with air travel to CDC’s Division of Global Migration and Quarantine.
• Manage faxed paper laboratory reports in responsible manner to protect patient confidentiality.
• Maintain Excel spreadsheet of laboratories or other facilities submitting lab results.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, required.
• Extensive computer proficiency.
• Strong critical reasoning skills.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and self-driven.
• Excellent communication skills (written/verbal).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.