Epidemiology | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking an Epidemiologist to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will work on the SaraAlert system, producing performance metrics for statewide use and reporting to the CDC.
This position will be blended with a combination of home-based (95%) and in-office (5%) workdays. If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Direct epidemiological investigations for public health programs on a statewide basis.
• Provide consultative, scientific, and technical expertise in the analysis and interpretation of epidemiological data.
• Develop statewide plans, policies, and procedures for epidemiology, disease control and related issues.
• May manage and advise on the collection and analysis of statewide epidemiologic data.
• May coordinate and advise on the direction of statewide programs for preventive medicine, public health education, or other assigned public health services related to epidemiology.
• May include responsibility for supervising Epidemiology Research Associates and Epidemiology Program
Specialists engaged in epidemiological investigation and reporting activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possession of one of the following options:
oDoctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree.
oDoctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in epidemiology.
oDoctoral degree in Medicine (MD), Osteopathy (DO), Dental Surgery/Medicine (DDS/DDM/DMD), or Veterinary Medicine (DVM).
oDoctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in biological science AND a Master of Public Health (MPH) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Epidemiology.
• 2+ years of professional experience investigating disease outbreaks, designing and conducting epidemiologic studies, or designing and maintaining a disease surveillance system.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.