Ecological Specialist (13458)
Scientific Program Analyst | Columbus, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Ecological Specialist to work with our client located in Columbus, OH. In this role, you will evaluate ecological and environmental compliance impacts, land use impacts on regional development as they relate to electric generation, electric transmission, wind generation, and/or gas pipeline facility siting and operation.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Produce ecological evaluation and analysis sections and recommendations for staff reports.
• Evaluate utility projects for potential impacts to ecological resource, threatened and endangered species.
• Coordinate with state and federal agencies responsible for natural resources and wildlife.
• Perform field inspections and investigations for general siting and condition compliance.
• Read and disseminate wetland and stream delineation forms.
• Coordinate with OPSB staff to complete reports.
• Create and maintain files on impacts and power siting matters.
• Assist management in developing agency policy positions and federal/state siting related issues.
• Assist Attorney General staff in applicable power siting areas (e.g., hearing preparation, staff position development, technical analysis, hearing attendance, brief preparation, etc.).
• Assist management in negotiations and settlement discussions in power siting cases.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Completion of undergraduate core program.
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following academic fields: environment science, wildlife biology, or natural resource management.
• Knowledge of wildlife habitat management, surface water delineation / quality evaluation, erosion control practices, geodetic science, vegetation management, and geographic information systems.
• Strong communication skills (written/verbal).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.