Director of Recreation (11600)
Social Programs | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Director of Recreation to work with our client. In this role, you will report to the VP of Social Programs and is responsible for supervising a staff responsible for providing year-round recreation and leisure time to unaccompanied children (UC) residing at the facility until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor. The Director of Recreation will develop recreation and leisure plans and programs that meet or exceed Office of Refugee Resettlement’s (ORR) standards and ensure the campus has appropriate and sufficient on-site recreation areas.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Supervise staff responsible for providing year-round recreation and leisure time to UC that meets or exceeds ORR' standards.
- Train, schedule, and evaluate staff members responsible for providing recreation and leisure time activities to UC.
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to ORR's standards for providing recreation and leisure time activities to UC.
- Promote a safe and inclusive environment for UC to engage in recreational activities.
- Develops recreation and leisure plans and programs that include large muscle activity and structured leisure time activities that meets or exceeds ORR's standards.
- Ensure recreational activities align with the UC's developmental, emotional, and social needs.
- Ensure the campus has appropriate and sufficient on-site recreational areas and equipment.
- Collaborate with Site Operations and other departments to ensure that recreational areas are accessible, well maintained, and meet safety standards.
- Work with community organizations and volunteers to enhance recreational and leisure time activities for UCs.
- Maintain an accurate log of and provide regular reports on recreational activities and attendance records for UC.
- Manage the budget and resources to ensure that financial goals are met, and resources are utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Work closely with the VP of Social Programs to develop and implement a budget that supports the delivery of quality recreational services to the UC residents of the ICF.
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Physical Education, or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory position, preferably in a residential or childcare facility.
- Experience working with children from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of ORR policies and procedures related to UC recreational matters.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.