Director of Nursing (11920)
Healthcare Administration | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) to work with our client. In this role, you will provide on-site nursing leadership related to supporting the unique needs of the Unaccompanied Children (UC) population, following state licensing requirements and Nurse Practice Act. Support UC health and wellness including immunizations, family planning, reproductive health, and all activities relating to the unification of UC with an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) vetted sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the nursing profession at ORR facilities and provides leadership to direct reports (Deputy DON, Charge Nurse).
- Provides guidance to CMO (Chief Medical Officer) and Health Services Administrator (HSA) related to nursing practice, quality, and safety.
- Participates in development/review of policies, procedures, and standards of practice and competencies.
- Assists leadership team with performance improvement.
- Maintains clinician staffing levels as defined by the contract.
- Oversight of nurse orientation process and documents, cultural competence training and child welfare best practices.
- Ensures that all nursing staff are fully oriented and trained according to contract requirements, ORR policies and procedures.
- Reviews all patient care safety/incident reports related to nursing practice and provides corrective action planning/implementation/training.
- Reviews complaints from staff, UCs or program office related to nursing staff, provides any corrective action or performance improvement to staff.
- Adheres to program reporting guidelines.
- Collaborates with other senior leaders to build a culture of safety, health care equality, and evidence-based practice.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing or public health, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in nursing leadership.
- Must have previous supervisory experience.
- Current and unrestricted RN license in the state of New Mexico.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.