Director of Education (11585)
Education | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Director of Education to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall planning, management, and daily operations of the educational services for the ICF. The Director, under the direction of the Vice President, Social Programs shall provide organizational leadership to ensure that standards are met and shall oversee compliance with the policies and success of instructional programs and school operations.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Directs the organization, management, and daily operations of the center
- Plans, implements, supervises, and evaluates all aspects of the instructional program
- Prepares reports on the instructional progress of the children at the center
- In conjunction with InGenesis Human Resources Department, screens, interviews, and hires staff and provides specific training and orientation for staff
- Prepares and submits the center’s budget and monitors expenditures as per organizational policies. In addition, initiates purchase requests, receives supplies, equipment and maintains fiscal and inventory controls
- Assigns students to classroom teachers
- Compiles and maintains all physical and computerized records and other documents related to the education of each student
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
- Complied with all applicable State Child Welfare laws and regulations, and all State and local education codes
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with staff, other agencies, and the public
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Participate in scheduled meetings
- Prepare presentations and or training as needed
- Effective oral and written communication in both English and Spanish Work student school schedule and school hours
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals
- Work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 8 years of campus/district level experience
- Thorough understanding of school operations
- Knowledge of ESL curriculum and instruction
- Experience working with bilingual and/or at-risk population
- Skill in managing staff, operations, and budgets
- Strong organizational communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English)
- Ability to assess, acquire and communicate information in a fully digital environment
- Mid-Management or Principal Certification
- Bilingual/ESL Certified Preferred
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.