Direct Service Professional (All Shifts Available) (1996)
Patient Care Technician | Ebensburg, PA | Contract
Direct Service Professional (All Shifts Available)
Work Location: Ebensburg, PA
The Direct Service Professional (DSP) will provide services to an Intermediate Care Facility for individuals with an intellectual or physical injury or illness, dysfunction behavior and/or developmental disability. The DSP is responsible and accountable for assisting lead work and supervisory residential staff with development, delivery and monitoring of daily services in the areas of self-care, socialization and health maintenance as specified in each individual’s Individual Habilitation Plan/Individual Support Plan (IHP/ISP) with overall coordination and direction coming from the Residential Service Supervisor (RSS) in conjunction with guidance and instruction from the Residential Service Worker (RSW), Residential Service Aide Supervisor (RSAS) and/or other program staff on the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Carries out daily routine of the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
• Assists, guides, and encourages Individuals with daily needs.
• Provides daily routine physical care to Individuals.
• Lifts, positions, and transfers ambulatory and non-ambulatory Individuals with assistance of other employees and assistive devices.
• Assists/transports people that use non-motorized wheelchairs, lifts, litters or other assistive devices to be ambulatory.
• Observes and reports Individual’s behavior.
• Escorts Individuals to various activities, both on and off campus.
• Perform CPR, Heimlich maneuver, and other emergency procedures / evacuations.
• Participates in housekeeping functions.
• The DSP will assist with the development of each individual's IHP/ISP by completing designated portions of the Self-Care Assessment and/or Training Plan/Supplemental Procedure information in order to maximize availability of complete and accurate information about each individual's strengths, likes and needs.
• Assist in the implementation of each individual's IHP/ISP by conducting specified Training Plans/Supplemental Procedures in order to maximize the delivery of Active Treatment.
• Assist with monitoring and revision of each individual's IHP/ISP by recording/reporting required information regarding Training Plans/Supplemental Procedures in order to maximize effectiveness of services toward meeting the individual's most pressing needs.
• Record information in assigned individuals' unit records in order to document and communicate information to other members of the team.
• Serves as a role model employee by complying with policy and procedure, advocating for the developmentally disabled, assuring individual privacy, personal dignity and rights are continually maintained.
• Provide opportunities of choice of activities, dress, and meals for individuals served. This is done in a manner that minimizes risk but provides an opportunity for growth in the individual’s daily activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Successful Completion of Facility Orientation and Mandated Training
• Possess current CPR certification
• Must have current tuberculous screening test (TB test)
• Must have current criminal background check
• Must pass drug test
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.