Dialysis Technician (10422)
Dialysis | Orient, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Dialysis Technician to work with our client located Orient, OH. In this role, you will prepare dialysate according to established procedures and patient’s prescription. Compliant with agency policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Obtains and documents pre-dialysis vital signs to include weight and temperature.
- Measures, calculates and adjusts blood flow rates according to established protocols and prescription.
- Administers anticoagulant according to unit protocols and prescription.
- Changes fluid removal rate and patient position and administers Normal Saline as directed by RN, ALP order or unit protocol.
- Documents patient treatment parameters and communicates patient’s conditions and issues to RNs.
- Responds appropriately to dialysis related emergencies.
- Discontinues dialysis and establishes hemostasis following unit protocol and inspects, cleans, and dresses access according to unit protocol.
- Obtains and records post dialysis vital signs, including weight and temperature.
- Verifies absence of residual sterilants.
- Takes fluid samples or other specimens for testing and prepares them for shipping.
- Under the direction of a registered nurse, monitors and documents the status of, and instructs patient in case of, vascular accesses, etc.
- Reviews lab work, physician orders and reinforces treatment care with the patient.
- Readies the dialysis equipment before treatment and cares for the equipment after treatment.
- Sets monitors and alarms according to unit and manufacturer protocols.
- Completes flow sheets (via EMR) in order to verify patient billing.
- Participates in quality assurance and cost containment programs.
- Participates in individual and group projects as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience as a dialysis patient care technician.
- Certification as a Dialysis Patient Care Technician, CCHT or Bonent.
- Current CPR card.
- Current statement of satisfactory health, including Hepatitis B documentation, negative Tuberculin test results or chest X-ray as required.
- Skill in use of hypodermics and medical equipment.
- Knowledge of using a personal computer.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
EEO Statement on Job Postings:
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation in the hiring process, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.