Dental Hygienist - Registered (ice2498-mz)
Dental Hygienists | Bowling Green, VA | Full Time
Dental Hygienist - Registered
Bowling Green VA
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Registered Dental Hygienist located in Bowling Green VA. The position provides an excellent opportunity to enhance and gain valuable work experience. The position offers a competitive salary, PTO, paid holidays, and shift differentials. Come serve those who are under served and join our Team!
It is the responsibility of the Dental Hygienist to adhere to policies and procedures as stated in Policies and Procedures
- Provide comprehensive oral health and dental hygiene treatment to diverse patient groups with assistance from members of the dental service
- Patient Evaluation—complete an evaluation of every patient and formulate a dental hygiene diagnosis and treatment plan, in collaboration with the dentist and patient
- Perform the following procedures: Adult Prophylaxis, Child prophylaxis, Topical Fluoride, Professional Application, Topical Fluoride, Self-Applied, Group, Individual Oral Health Counseling, Group Health Counseling, Periodontal Scaling
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a degree or certificate in dental hygiene from a school of dental hygiene approved by the Council on Dental Education of the ADA.
- Hold a current, unrestricted license to practice dental hygiene in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands and maintenance of same.
- Have experience as a dental hygienist for at least 12 months within the preceding 24 months OR have graduated from an ADA approved dental hygiene program within the preceding 12 months.
- Have either (a) successfully complete at least 12 classroom hours of continuing dental hygiene education within the preceding 18 months which maintain skills and knowledge in dental hygiene and preventive dentistry OR (b) graduated from an ADA approved dental hygiene program within the preceding 12 months.
- Provide letters of recommendation from two practicing dentists attesting to the HCW’s clinical skills. If a recent graduate per C.8.2.3. above, the letters of recommendation may be either from practicing dentists or from faculty members where the HCW’s dental hygiene degree was received. Letters must have been written within the preceding three years and must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing the letter.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.