Dental Assistant - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery (9766)
Dental Assistant | West Point, NY | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a qualified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dental Assistant to work with our client located in West Point, NY. In this role, you will serve as the sole assistant to an oral surgeon in a variety of complex oral maxillofacial procedures performed in the hospital operating room and dental clinic.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Receive and schedule patients for treatment.
- Obtain and record medical history of patient.
- Take dental impressions and pours study models.
- Operate dental X-ray equipment for radiographs.
- Process laboratory specimen and routes to the pathology laboratory.
- Prepare clinic and operating room for surgical procedures.
- Prepare supplies, equipment, and instruments for surgery.
- Anticipate oral surgeon’s needs.
- Ensure patient does not aspirate fluids and that injuries to the lip, tongue, cheeks and skin are prevented.
- Assist in wiring splints and maintain placement of retractors.
- Prepare and place surgical dressings, removes contaminated instruments from the operating field.
- Cut sutures on direction.
- Monitor patient under general anesthesia or sedation.
- Apply, change, and remove dressings, sutures, and other maxillofacial appliances.
- Order and store dental supplies.
- Record treatment and examination information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a formal dental assistant program with 6+ months of clinical dental assisting experience;
- OR 1+ year of clinical dental assisting experience.
- At least 3 months of experience must be in an office-based outpatient surgery practice or the operating room.
- Training or experience must be within past 3 years.
- Current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) that is approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Computer literacy, required.
- Current immunizations, required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.