Dental Assistant - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery (12492)
Dental Assistant | Fort Lee, VA | Contract
Dental Assistant - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
Work Location: Fort Lee, VA
InGenesis is currently seeking a qualified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dental Assistant to work with our client located at Fort Lee, VA. In this role, you will serve as sole assistant to an oral surgeon in a variety of complex oral maxillofacial procedures performed in the hospital operating room and dental clinic.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Receives and schedules patients for treatment.
• Obtains and records medical history of patient.
• Takes dental impressions and pours study models.
• Operates dental X-ray equipment for radiographs.
• Processes laboratory specimen and routes to the pathology laboratory.
• Prepares clinic and operating room for surgical procedures.
• Prepares supplies, equipment, and instruments for surgery.
• Anticipates the oral surgeon’s needs and assists the oral surgeon in the hospital operating room in a variety of complex oral and maxillofacial procedures.
• Ensures patient does not aspirate fluids and that injuries to the lip, tongue, cheeks and skin are prevented.
• Assists in wiring splints and maintains placement of retractors.
• Prepares and places surgical dressings, removes contaminated instruments from the operating field, and cuts sutures on direction.
• Monitors the patient under general anesthesia or sedation.
• Applies, changes, and removes dressings, sutures, and other maxillofacial appliances.
• Orders and stores dental supplies.
• Records treatment and examination information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate from a formal dental assistant program with 6+ months of clinical dental assisting experience;
• OR 1+ year of clinical dental assisting experience.
• At least 3 months of experience must be in an office-based outpatient surgery practice or the operating room.
• Training or experience must be within past 3 years.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Computer literacy, required.
• Current immunizations, required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.