CPA / Senior Accounting Specialist (11883)
Account Specialist | REMOTE | Contract
Work Location: Montreal, Quebec, CAN
InGenesis is currently seeking a CPA to work as a Senior Accounting Specialist with our client located in Kirkland, CAN. In this role, you will perform financial accounting and reporting in accordance to US and Canadian GAAP and Regulatory Reporting. This is a one-year contract with a leading pharma company.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Manage general ledger activities, account reconciliations, and monthly close out processes.
• Support and ensure a strong control environment.
• Optimize financial systems and environment.
• Lead/support special finance projects.
• Reconcile GAAP differences to meet local requirements.
• Ensure all reporting is completed timely and accurately.
• Prepare various financial statements and reports.
• Support internal and external audits.
• Improve data collection, reporting efficiency, and content accuracy.
• Ensure completion of revenue recognition accounting.
• Handle financial inquiries.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Canadian CPA-CA, CPA-CGA, or CPA-CMA designation.
• 5+ years of progressive financial reporting experience.
• Fluency in English (written/verbal) with a functional level of French.
• Strong understanding of US and Canadian GAAP and SOX controls.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of processes and controls supporting financial report preparation.
• Solid knowledge of accounting systems (SAP, preferred).
• Working knowledge of Access database, preferred.
• Advanced computer proficiency, including use of Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with US based companies, preferred.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.