Compounding Pharmacy Technician (10723)
Pharmacy | Jacksonville, FL | Contract
InGenesis has exciting opportunity for a Certified Pharmacy Technician with compounding experience. In this role, you will assist the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to client’s patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of client, the state’s professional standards, and other regulatory entities. The Compounding Technician works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, working in the clean room and compounding medication no less than 80% of their day.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Assists the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies using appropriate techniques and following the client’s policies and procedures.
- Accurately calibrates equipment.
- Assists with recording and maintaining pharmacy temperature and cleaning logs.
- Ensures that all pharmacy surfaces, laminar flow hoods and clean room are cleaned per the client’s policy.
- Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications.
- Prepares medications under the supervision of a pharmacist so they are accurately compounded.
- Ensures that a licensed pharmacist properly checks all compounding and packing.
- Adheres to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices.
- Complies with state and federal laws.
- Speaks knowledgeably of the scope of services that are available through the client.
- Understands basic drug terminology and therapies/services provided.
- Understands and complies with HIPPA: Maintains and observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
- Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures.
- May work on advanced projects and committees, participate in performance improvement, complete and monitor quality control, assist the purchasing coordinator and coordinate and prioritize compounding room scheduling.
- Completes all duties as assigned by manager or Pharmacist in Charge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Pharmacy Technician license if required by state.
- More than 1 year Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic Internet Explorer skills to include opening a browser, typing in URI’s in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Ability to lift a 50lbs box from the floor to assist in stocking meds.
- Current national certification.
- Current Compound Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) Certification.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.