Community Outreach Specialist (10887)
Marketing | Hybrid in San Antonio, TX | Full Time
InGenesis has an exciting opportunity for a Community Outreach Specialist living in or around San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will manage day-to-day media relations. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Assist in the organization of special events.
- Lead in the developing, implementing and measuring of external and internal media-based communication plans.
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests.
- Monitor media coverage.
- Inform members of the public (as well as the press) about events and initiatives.
- Keep up to date with all issues that affect the company or organization.
- Accompany staff on visits (particularly relevant to politicians or other figures in the public eye).
- Collaborate with leadership to determine appropriate media responses via various channels.
- Develop written materials including press releases, Q&A, media standby statements on brand and corporate issues as required.
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories through social media outlets as appropriate.
- Lead internal communications resource to all departments.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related fields.
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years media relations activities.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.