Health Care | Aurora, CO | Full Time
Buckley AFB, CO
A successful and established Texas Base Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time Clinical Psychologist to provide services to our military and their families. The position offers a great work/life balance with a M-F 40 hour work week. It also provides an opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience. Join our Team and enjoy your weekends exploring the beautiful State of Colorado.
- Have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (PsyD.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
- Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology.
- Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Have a minimum of one-year experience as a licensed clinical psychologist.
JOB FUNCTIONS ( include but are not limited to)
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psycho-diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders.
The following are desirable skills:
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress)