Clinical Nurse / RN (9669)
Registered Nurse / RN | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Registered Nurse / RN to work as a Clinical Nurse with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will impact quality of patient care, patient outcomes and use of resources in a designated area in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Accountable for the management and provision of patient care in assigned area.
- Assesses patient's needs for nursing care and the multidisciplinary team.
- Collaborates with physicians, other services, patient and patient's family to plan care and evaluate outcomes.
- Improves practice by integrating results and theories of research studies.
- Participates in data collection for current studies.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, clinical competency and compassion in providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies.
- Documents care according to established standards.
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from the electronic health record and various computer systems.
- Assures continuity of care through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and coordination of services.
- Acts as a patient and family advocate in order to uphold patient rights.
- Trains, coaches and assists team members to ensure optimum patient care and efficient use of resources.
- Support COVID-19 testing and/or provide relief to nurses in the units due to increased patient volume.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current RN license in the state of Texas.
- Preferred: Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
- 1+ year of nursing experience.
- Preferred: 2+ years of acute care experience in oncology, emergency room, or intensive care unit(s).
- Preferred: Certification in oncology or specialty practice area.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.