Clinical Laboratory Scientist / CLS (9243)
Laboratory | San Juan Capistrano, CA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist / CLS to work with our client located in San Juan Capistrano, CA. In this role, you will perform consistently moderate and somewhat complex clinical tests.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepare and test new reagents or controls.
- Perform test calibrations and run Quality Control material at appropriate intervals.
- Determine acceptability of specimens for testing.
- Determine calculated results utilizing testing data by means of manual or computerized procedures.
- Enter results of testing and ensure accurate reporting of results.
- Take appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or unexpected results, and document action taken.
- Evaluate and maintain laboratory equipment, as needed.
- Perform Q/C and calibrations with appropriate frequency and evaluates results.
- Troubleshoot steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems, if necessary.
- Monitor and maintain consistent supply of reagents and consumables.
- Answer phone and assist clients and other departments.
- Provide on-going technical guidance to laboratory assistants, laboratory associates, and other Clinical Laboratory Scientists.
- Instruct or train new employees in the proper performance of routine procedures.
- Provide direct and constant supervision to unlicensed staff as necessary.
- Support the CLS Training Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Current license as a Clinical Lab Scientist in the state of California.
- 2+ years of CLS experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.