Chief Psychologist (11490)
Psychology | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Chief Psychologist to work with our client. In this role, you will supervise and direct psychological services in an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position provides psychological consultation in the more complex cases and conducts ongoing evaluation of clinical services. It is responsible for maintaining quality of services through effective staff performance and adherence to program and workload standards.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Supervises a psychological program which includes testing, evaluations, consultations, and therapy.
- Selects, assigns, and supervises the activities of psychologists within the ICF.
- Develops staffing patterns that provide for quality patient care.
- Participates in long-range planning and establishes goals and objectives to facilitate the delivery of quality patient care, consistent with best-care, evidence-based practices.
- Assesses and identifies the education needs of staff as well as the quality of delivered psychological treatment and testing.
- Determines types of tests to be used generally by psychologists and interprets tests in more complex cases.
- Identifies situations requiring corrective action, and organizes, analyzes, and presents appropriate documentation.
- Collaborates with appropriate levels of psychological, administrative, and other medical staff to determine, develop, and promulgate policies and procedures to be used by clinical psychologists.
- In collaboration with administrative staff, and staff developers, implements and evaluates orientation programs.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Standards.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral level degree in Psychology
- Five years of professional experience in psychology, two of which must have been at the clinical supervisory level.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Must possess and retain a current license to practice psychology in the state of Texas.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.