Chief Medical Officer (11917)
Physicians | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Chief Medical Officer to work with our client. In this role, you will serve as the primary physician executive for an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). The incumbent collaborates with other executive leaders to lead the facility's mission on high-value, safe patient care through oversight of all aspects of physician performance, quality, and clinical integration. Specifically responsible to provide clinical, operational, strategic, and culture leadership to deliver care that is high-value across the continuum of care.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Provides the clinical, operational, and strategic leadership necessary to deliver high-value care.
- Oversees and assures that facility infrastructure is on pace with current and future practice operations, including consistent performance targets and metrics, setting common standards of care, measuring, and improving clinical outcomes, and disseminating best practices.
- Creates an organization focused on patient experience, safety, quality, and seamlessness of care.
- Works with executive leadership to produce actionable, timely, and accurate clinical dashboards.
- Ensures compliance with ORR guidelines, applicable policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Standardizes clinical operations, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Fosters an environment that promotes engagement, empowerment, and optimal patient, staff, and provider satisfaction.
- Fosters the development and implementation of effective workforce initiatives around the delivery of care.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management and provides recommendations to reduce variable cost while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Provides medical leadership oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective, and integrated clinical programs within the facility.
- Influences and engages peers to support improvements and facilitates between clinical needs and resources requirements.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required.
- Ten years of experience in direct patient care experience required, with five years in a leadership position.
- Master’s degree in business administration, health administration, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience with Pediatrics, Med/Peds, Family Medicine, Peds Emergency Medicine backgrounds strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Current unrestricted M.D. or D.O. license required.
- Current state DEA license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.