Chief Medical Officer (10901)
Physicians | San Antonio, TX | Full Time
InGenesis is currently sourcing for a Chief Medical Officer to work for our corporate office at out client site. In this role, you will be responsible for providing clinical strategic direction and oversight for the InGenesis ICF Medical Unit. The position oversees medical care delivery system, including development and implementation of strategies, programs, policies, and procedures for all medical services. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provides oversight for clinical strategy, policies, and standards.
- Supervises physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants assigned to the Medical Unit.
- Provides clinical guidance to physicians and mid-levels working at the ICF.
- Ensures compliance to all healthcare regulations and safety standards.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at ICF, particularly Public Health Service, CDC, and ORR representatives.
- Participates in Medical Quality Management activities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with community healthcare systems.
- Serves as the on-site medical authority within the scope of services.
- Provides direct care to patients throughout the lifespan within physician scope of practice and performs functions in accordance with currently accepted practice defined by the profession, licensure, certification, and granted privileges.
- Acts as initial reviewer for all outside referrals/consults to specialty services not offered at the ICF.
- Expected to respond to and/or coordinate response to medical emergencies with onsite contractor EMS.
- Seeks guidance from InGenesis corporate medical leadership when needed to obtain information to address patient care concerns.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Qualification for a physician’s degree:
- Have a Doctor of Medicine degree from a U.S. or District of Columbia accredited medical school; or
- Have a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or
- Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Texas.
- Must have and maintain an unrestricted license from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- Proof of completion of three years of medical specialty training in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Pediatrics leading to board eligibility in that field, with board certification preferred.
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting preferred.
- A minimum of five years post residency experience providing direct patient care as a board certified or eligible physician in Family Medicine or Pediatrics.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.