Social Programs | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Chaplain to work with our client. In this role, you will support and enhance the spiritual resilience of the culturally, racially, and religiously diverse unaccompanied children (UC) population at an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Designated Influx Care Facility (ICF). The Chaplain will report to the VP of Social Programs and will ensure that the spiritual and religious needs of the resident UC are met in accordance with ORR policies and procedures, while also working collaboratively with other members of the religious community to provide additional spiritual and religious services to the UCs. They will also be advocates for our UC residents and consult with leadership on moral, ethical, and quality of life issues.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Provide opportunities for UC to observe and practice their spiritual or religious beliefs in accordance with ORR policies, including but not limited to, the celebration of religious holidays, displaying religious art, wearing religious articles of jewelry, following certain food preparation and/or dietary restrictions and attending services and activities (as long as it is safe for the UC and staff).
- Work with other members of the religious community to provide spiritual/religious services to resident UC.
- Coordinate access requests for recognized members and leaders of religious communities to the campus in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee the transport of UC to places of worship outside the campus.
- Assist with procuring religious information or other religious items, such as books or clothing in the UC’s native language.
- Assist campus leadership and the staff with understanding cultural norms and religious beliefs of the resident population.
- Authors policies and procedures related to religious and spiritual matters.
- Maintain a Religious Services Log, documenting religious services and events provided to unaccompanied children.
- Ordained or credentialed clergy member from a recognized religious organization.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master of Divinity or equivalent theological degree a plus.
- Five years of religious ministry leadership experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with unaccompanied children from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of different religious practices and beliefs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the religious community.
- Knowledge of ORR policies and procedures related to religious and spiritual matters.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.