Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (9275)
Medical Assistants | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will serve in the treatment and care of patients and assist with tasks to support the medical office.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Support the ophthalmologist.
- Initiate documentation of the patients chief complaint and medical history.
- Perform testing to include visual acuity measurement, motility, pupils, lens exam, refraction, and dilation.
- Administer topical ophthalmic and oral medications.
- Scribe for Physician.
- Monitor physician schedule for accuracy of booked appointments.
- Confirm appointments and follow up with patients on missed appointments.
- Keep examination rooms neat and clean.
- Restock exam/treatment rooms and monitor inventories of non-biological stock.
- Ensure medication and treatment items are not expired.
- Document pertinent patient care information.
- Retrieve labs, pathology, and diagnostic data.
- Assist with minor surgery and with various minor office based ophthalmic procedures, as required.
- Provide instruction and information to patients.
- Send in Rx prescriptions.
- Interpret physician instructions to patients.
- Replenish clinical supplies when necessary.
- Generate letters to PCP and referring doctors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current Certified Ophthalmic Assistant certification.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Proficient in all diagnostic testing including (but not limited to) patient work ups, scribing, and documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.