Certified Medical Records Coder (9390)
Informatics | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Medical Records Coder to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will conduct quality review of inpatient and outpatient coding, ensuring compliance with federal regulations, and maintain up-to-date coding guidelines and policy changes.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provide skilled and specialized technical work in documentation and coding for medical billing.
- Abstract complex patient-related data from medical records.
- Provide coding of diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10 and CPT codes.
- Work coding related charge review and claim edits daily.
- Research and resolve coding related issues.
- Assist in meeting productivity and quality standards.
- Verify charge entry and physician notes for completeness.
- Enter relevant medical information from the medical records.
- Check for required signatures.
- Assure proper documentation guidelines are followed.
- Review medical records and charge fee information from patient care area.
- Contact other facilities to obtain medical records and information needed to bill for services rendered.
- Review EPIC queues and correct coding edits.
- Code diagnosis and procedures using classification coding systems.
- Review charge documents for completeness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in medical record abstraction and coding.
- Accreditation from a professional coding organization, such as AHIMA.
- AAPC, RHIT, RHIA, or CCS certification, required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.