Certified Medical Assistant / CMA (9931)
Medical Assistants | Hammonton, NJ | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant / CMA to work with our client located in Hammonton, NJ. In this role, you will be responsible for performing various administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Specific duties may include but are not limited to scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, taking and recording vital signs, obtaining medical histories and preparing patients for examinations
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Administers medications and treatments as directed.
- Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures.
- Rooms and prepares patients for physician’s examination, assisting with examination as directed.
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients.
- Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- When appropriate, processes non-emergent patient calls, collecting patient information and providing physician-guided clinical advice.
- Schedules patient procedures as requested by physician.
- Facilitates authorizations and referrals for managed care patients where indicated.
- Accurately relays prescription refill information to local and mail order pharmacies via phone, fax or e-prescription functions as directed by the physician/physician extender and refill protocols.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Functions as a team member, coordinating patient care with operational and other clinical staff as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant National Certification required.
- Prior medical office experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.