Certified Medical Assistant / CMA (9252)
Medical Assistants | Ft. Lauderdale, FL | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant / CMA to work with our client located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. In this role, you will work the day shift and support a busy medical office.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Schedule/reschedule patient appointments as required.
- Obtain necessary HMO/PPO referral authorizations.
- Obtain authorization from insurance plan for referrals to specialists.
- Answer phone calls in prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Register/input patient demographics.
- Interview patients/guarantors.
- Ensure smooth patient flow throughout the day.
- Render consistent professional care to all patients.
- Assist physician with treatments/procedures.
- Administer injections as requested by Physician.
- Calm patients by being supportive.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Grade of 80% or higher on Basic Medical Assistant test.
- Current CMA or NRMA certification.
- Current BLS certification.
- Preferred: 1+ year of experience in a medical office setting.
- Preferred: Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes and health care insurance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.