Cardiac Catheterization Technician - Endovascular (10608)
Cardiac Catherization Technician | Fairfield, CA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Cardiac Catheterization Technician (Endovascular) to work with our client located in Fairfield, CA. In this role, you will perform Peripheral Vascular Angiography/Endovascular Intervention, Cardiac Catheterization services and clinical assistance in the CVOR and Cardiovascular Catheterization Lab for vascular and endovascular surgery.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Set-up and assist coronary angiography in the CVOR.
- Assist the surgeon, cardiologist, or interventionalist as required during procedures.
- Assist the physician during invasive and noninvasive procedures.
- Operate, control, and monitor patient vital signs using the hemodynamic monitoring system.
- Communicates continuously with the physician about the patient’s condition.
- Assist in the post-processing, storage, archival and completion formalization of diagnostic and intervention images of the performed procedures.
- Ensure proper documentation and radiation dose, DAP and regulatory requirements.
- Interact with institution Medical Material, Resources Management, and corporate representatives to ensure proper inventory of all disposables.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies for the endovascular operating room and cardiovascular catheterization laboratory.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure proper preventive maintenance, routine cleaning, and radiation safety testing/quality control practices are performed as directed.
- Assist with measures for the fixed imaging within the cardiovascular catheterization laboratory.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Educate and train new technicians to inform peripheral intervention inventory, practice, function and upkeep of the CVOR fixed imaging.
- Responsible for control, operation, and troubleshooting of Siemens Artis Zeego fluoroscopy within the CVOR suite.
- Prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF.
- Responsible for control, operation and trouble-shooting the Philips Biplane X-ray/Digital Cardiac Imaging System.
- Serves as CCL Circulating Technician during cases.
- Attend Annual Vascular and Peripheral Vascular symposiums to accrue CEU's and advanced skill training, as well as hands on training for cutting edge Vascular/Peripheral Vascular technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree/Education: Completion of an accredited Registered Cardiovascular Technician Certification (RCVT, RCIS) program OR accredited Radiology Technologist program with a Certified Radiation Technologist (CRT) OR The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) obtained through the American Heart Association or a Red Cross-approved training program.
- Licensure/Registration: Registered as a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) as determined by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- 1 year experience as a Cardiovascular Technologist after graduation.
- 2 years professional Endovascular & Cardiac Catheterization experience.
- Must have worked full time or part time (greater than 20 hours per week) as a professional Endovascular Technologist and/or Cardiac Catheterization Technician for a minimum of 2 years with at least 12 months in the last 36 months.
- Experience performing or supervising functions such as producing radiographs, assisting with cardiovascular fluoroscopic imaging (either peripheral or cardiac), and specific radiographic procedures/interventions.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.