Cardiac Catheterization Technician (10341)
Cardiac Catherization Technician | Fairfield, CA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Cardia Catheterization Technician to work with our client located in Fairfield, CA. In this role, you will Technician will help facilitate urgent/emergent cases either in the Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) or the CCL.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Room preparation and breakdown to include stocking rooms, daily Quality Control (QC) checks, radiographic, hemodynamic and computer setup, and room 10 cleanup.
- Prepare sterile procedure tray and patient sterile field appropriately for specified procedure type.
- Evaluate the status of the patient during the procedure; provide age and gender specific care, prep access site according to lab standard practice, and perform EKG lead placement, blood pressure and pulse oximetry setup for hemodynamic monitoring.
- Acquire and accurately document pertinent patient data in the electronic health record and enter into hemodynamic and X-ray systems.
- Operates all physiologic and radiographic equipment safely and correctly.
- Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness.
- Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiac Cath Laboratory team are met.
- Observe occupational and radiation safety regulations (wearing badges, lead aprons, goggles, gloves).
- Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates ability to provide guidance and assistance to Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist team to ensure guidelines are met in a safe/efficient manner, including coaching, troubleshooting problems and monitoring service needs.
- Assists management in maintaining the efficient use of resources including staff, equipment, and supplies.
- Scrubs for procedures to provide physician assistance for coronary and electrophysiology procedures and other functions performed according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist/perform procedures to obtain hemostasis at various percutaneous access sites to include radial, femoral, and brachial.
- Monitoring for hemostasis and vascular complications, including assessment of pulses manually and with Doppler, manual compression for hemostasis, deployment of closure devices, and application and monitoring of radial and femoral compression devices.
- Provide assistance in other cardiopulmonary service areas at the discretion of the Cardiology Element Chief.
- Chain of Command: as a component of the CCL/CVOR team, the administrative institutional support for this position will be through the technical director of the CCL.
- Travel: Attend Annual Cardiology credentialing symposiums to accrue CEU's and advanced skill training, as well as hands on training for cutting edge Cath lab technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree: Certificate – May be prior graduate from the Air Force Cardiopulmonary program with an active Certification with the Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) credential.
- Education: Graduate from a cardiovascular technologist program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) through the Joint Review Committee in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT).
- Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Registration: Completion of an accredited Registered Cardiovascular Technician Certification (RCVT) program.
- Minimum of 2 years professional Cardiac Catheterization experience and must have worked full time or part time (greater than 20hrs per week) as a professional Cardiac Catheterization technician for at least 12 months in the last 24 months.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience with peripheral vascular interventions, preferably in a hybrid operating room environment.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.