Epidemiology | Exton, PA | Contract
Work Location: Exton, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a Bioinformatician to work with our client located in Exton, PA. In this role, you will collect data, perform analyses, and generate reports on COVID-19 and other infectious agent of public health interest
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Develop and present findings.
• Oversee and assist in development and improvement of the next generation sequencing laboratory.
• Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific public health project needs.
• Construct survey methodology.
• Design and program a statistical model.
• Develop database to compile vast information from sequencing
• Verify, evaluate, and implement new testing and analytical methodologies in a public health laboratory.
• Improve or expand quantitative assays sensitivity, specificity, accuracy, precision, or proficiency of analyses.
• Review and evaluate current literature for improved quality control procedures.
• Compile and collate data requested for daily specimen intake statistics, for evaluation reports and grant updates.
• Prepare QC material and specimens to be stored or transported to the reference laboratory.
• Identify unusual patterns in specimen submission or test results.
• Coordinate and perform isolation and identification of bacteria and viruses from clinical specimens.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in informatics, a biological science (with IT experience), or computer science/engineering (with biological science experience).
• Experience with bachelor’s: 2+ years of professional experience in bioinformatics-related data processing and analysis.
• Experience with master’s: 1+ year of professional experience in bioinformatics-related data processing and analysis.
• Knowledge of the design and analysis of algorithms, molecular biology, molecular sequence analysis, biological databases, biostatistics, and computer programming.
• Knowledge in Windows and Linux operating systems, data analysis software, and various reporting systems.
• Knowledge of quality assurance practices necessary to design programs to ensure
• the accuracy, reproducibility, and reliability of data.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.