Behavioral Healthcare Technician (9804)
Behaviorial Health | Bethesda, MD | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Behavioral Health Patient Care Technician to work with our client located Bethesda, MD. In this role, you will provide assistance to patients in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment for our Workforce Safety program (BERT).
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provide care to patients in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Respond to workforce crisis prevention and provides assistance in crisis intervention, as needed.
- Perform administrative office functions to support the Nursing Supervisors after hours.
- Work with other members of a multi-disciplinary team in leading milieu activities such as current events groups, community meetings, goals groups, fitness groups, activities of daily living groups, and/or recreational activities, as appropriate to the specified patient population.
- Charts patient observations, following prescribed procedures and standards.
- Participates in the development and implementation of patient treatment programs.
- Transport patients to and from appointments, clinics, laboratories, and/or treatments, as and when appropriate.
- May perform initial patient evaluations to determine treatment priorities; may take vital signs, weights, and urine, stool, and sputum specimens.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education, and staff meetings.
- Maintains established institutional policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- May provide liaison with patients, families of patients, or external facilities and agencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Behavioral Health Tech (BHT) or Certified Nursing Assistance (CNA) certification.
- 2+ years of experience in an acute behavioral health care/Psychiatry setting such as a hospital.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Schedule is for 40 hrs. per week, 8 and 12 hr. shifts, evenings (3p-11:30pm) or nights (11p-7:30am) with rotation to weekends and holidays as needed.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.