Associate Epidemiology Specialist (12344)
Epidemiology Investigation | Lycoming, PA | Contract
Work Location: Lycoming, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking an Associate Epidemiology Specialist to work with our client in Lycoming County. In this role, you will review data of suspected and confirmed outbreaks and infection control breaches, interpret results, and develop guidance/policies based on the data.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Provide technical assistance and feedback on infection control policies and procedures.
• Ensure quality assurance for COVID-19 prevention and control programs.
• Travel for outbreak investigations.
• Prepare response letters with review findings and recommendations.
• Maintain expertise in public health surveillance, outbreak, and containment response.
• Assist in investigations of suspected or confirmed disease outbreaks and infection control breaches.
• Assist with contact tracing for critical facilities.
• Coordinate investigation findings.
• Consult with supervisor or others if needed.
• Receive on the job training in specialized areas such as Infection Control and Prevention, public health surveillance systems and outbreak response and reporting.
• Receive training specific to COVID-19 related outbreaks in select settings such as schools and daycare centers, prisons, long-term care facilities, and food production and distribution facilities will occur.
• Develop, implement, and assess projects.
• Use data and informal input from networking opportunities, outbreak investigations, and published sources to identify the educational needs of stakeholders.
• Develop and present health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences and programs.
• May use published literature and data for interpreting results and develop guidance and policy.
• May assist with development, writing, tracking, and reporting grant activities and performance measures.
• May provide just-in-time education during outbreak investigations on-site or on the phone.
• May develop written materials for public health guidance or education.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Public Health or related field (social sciences, demography, biological sciences).
• Preferred but not required: Experience in an applied public health setting.
• Knowledge of public health practices and infectious diseases principles.
• Knowledge of methods for developing infection control policies and procedures using outbreak data.
• Ability to read and interpret written materials.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written/verbal).
• Ability to use public health data and to perform public health surveillance.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.