Animal Technician (13481)
Laboratory Technician | Houston, TX | Contract
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis is currently seeking an Animal Technician to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will provide competent technical skills in all areas of animal care in the daily operation of an animal research facility.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Provide husbandry in specialized animal areas.
• Assist in variety of technical procedures relating to tumor measurement and generation of tumor xenografts or patient-derived tumor explants.
• Assist in restraining mice, administering medications via gavage or I.P. injection.
• May provide investigative staff assistance involving specialized handling techniques requiring personal protective equipment and primary containment devices.
• May assist with tumor imaging using luciferase fluorescent reporter systems and CT.
• Perform animal euthanasia and specimen collection.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Preferred: Associate or bachelor’s degree.
• 2+ years of animal care experience in an animal hospital/clinic, research facility, or related field.
• With preferred education, no experience necessary.
• Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.