Admissions Applications Evaluator (3575)
Document Exam Specialist | Athens, OH | Contract
Admissions Applications Evaluator
Work Location: Athens, OH
InGenesis seeks a part-time Admissions Application Evaluator for a busy academic office in Athens, OH. Position performs a comprehensive evaluation of prospective student applications for the purpose of recommending admissions decisions. This opportunity is a temporary/contract position (20 hours per week within a Monday-Friday 8a-5p timeframe). If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Utilize knowledge of institutional requirements and needs as well as applicant qualifications to make recommendations.
• Determine and request necessary documentation to support decisions.
• Create detailed notes summarizing the evaluation results.
• Monitor and analyze historical and current recruitment, admission data, and trends and utilize that information in decision-making.
• Serve and vote on an admission committee.
• Present cases to the appeal committee and advocate for decisions on behalf of candidates and the institution.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Experience in higher education or working in undergraduate admissions or secondary education preferred.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented and committed to operating with integrity and sensitivity for confidentiality.
• Must possess a knowledge of and abide by the Statements and Principles of Good Practice of the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
• Must have an understanding of college preparation and the types of curricula available in a college preparatory secondary or post-secondary experience.
• Must be able to synthesize a case for admission or denial within the context of information available.
• Must have a strong ability to prioritize work and be highly organized.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.