Administrative Assistant (12414)
Administrative | Port Isabel, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing Administrative Assistant candidates to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for duties and responsibilities that are commonly associated with an Administrative Assistant role in the healthcare industry.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
What’s in it for you?
- Health Insurance effective date of hire for full-time employees.
- Health & Welfare – additional per-hour rate to help offset the cost of insurance.
- 2 weeks of PTO
- 11 Paid Federal Holidays
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Types a variety of materials in the form of memoranda, meeting minutes, letters briefing materials, and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred.
- 1+ year of direct experience with, and high level of proficiency, in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word®, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- 1+ year experience preferred in a healthcare setting as an Administrative Assistant, where the processing of electronic medical/health records and scheduling of medical appointments, such as radiology procedures, specialty consults, follow-up appointments, and surgical procedures was part of the daily responsibilities.
- Maintain Heartsaver® CPR AED certification.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient understands.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and communicate clearly with a basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training, and communications.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment/technology usage; including telephone, copy machine, scanner, computer, printer, and ability to troubleshoot basic office equipment issues.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment.
- The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities.
- Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
This position is dependent upon contract award.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.