Accountant III (2304)
Accountant II | Atlanta, GA | Contract
Work Location: Atlanta, GA
InGenesis seeks a qualified Accountant for short-term, long-term assignments and temp-to-perm potential. The Accountant to perform complex professional Accounting duties. The Accountant will maintain financial records and ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded as well as prepare complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. If you meet this role’s qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Applies generally accepted accounting principles in the recording of financial activity in PeopleSoft (TeamWorks) and varied subsystems.
• Processes and ensures expenditures are accurately charged to appropriate accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
• Enters and monitors vendor payments by observing discount opportunities; verifying tax information; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances;
• Analyzes, reconciles and evaluates the accuracy of the general ledger, accounting details, revenues, expenditures and financial reports.
• Responds to inquiries for solution of complex accounting issues from vendors and other State affiliated entities.
• Maintains general ledger by reviewing and adjusting financial transactions of subsidiary ledger balances and reconciling accounts.
• Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer – focused orientation when conducting business and providing services to internal and external customers
• Prepares and records asset, liability, and revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account balances and reconciling account.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university AND one (1) year of professional Accounting experience OR
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university AND two (2) years of professional Accounting experience OR
• Bachelor's degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate Accounting sequence from an accredited college or university AND three (3) years of professional Accounting experience. Note: Some positions may require certifications.
• Prefer advance knowledge of PeopleSoft Accounts Payable Module
• Prefer knowledge of State Accounting Office Travel Regulations
• Prefer knowledge of CONCUR
• Possess strong judgment, decision-making abilities, strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, plus strong interpersonal and customer service skills to include being goal and task oriented
• Intermediate skill level in the use of Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• Prefer CPA certification.
• Knowledge of the relationship of general ledger balances and its subsidiary ledger balances and reconciliation of source data to accounting modules.
• Ability to review vendor reports, source documents, bank statements and financial reports.
• Ability to provide support and respond to requests from auditors, management, and team members.
• Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.