Accounting | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
The Accountant is primarily responsible for handling non-patient accounts receivable duties, tracking of fixed assets and assisting in month-end close. Maintains professional contact with staff, vendors and clients and observes confidentiality of client and company matters. Willingness to learn new tasks, work independently, demonstrate initiative and capacity to deliver quality work in a timely manner are essential skills.
Prepare non-patient receivable invoices, monitor and follow up as necessary:
• Review timesheets and other source documents to accurately generate invoices for timely submission.
• Monitor payments and maintain Accounts Receivable aging; follow up on collections as needed.
• Accurately and timely record data in financial systems such as QuickBooks and prepare journal entries in PeopleSoft as part of monthly close.
• Organize and maintains up to date financial records.
Fixed assets tracking:
• Maintain fixed assets listing and depreciation schedule for the organization.
• Determine proper classification, useful lives and other pertinent asset information.
• Prepare and record journal entries as part of monthly close.
• Prepare property tax filing
Month-end close and ad-hoc accounting projects:
• Assist during month-end close, prepare journal entries, reconcile various accounts and assist in ad-hoc accounting projects as needed
• Assist in process improvement and systems automation within Accounting/Finance
- BS in Accounting or equivalent
- 2+ years QuickBooks experience required;
- 5+ years of experience in accounts receivable, fixed assets and general ledger;
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a health care sector organization desirable.
- Thorough understanding of accounting processes relating to accounts receivable, fixed assets, journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Proficient understanding of automated accounting systems.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analytical skills needed to prioritize and perform assigned tasks in a multi-tasked environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with executives, team members and clients.
- Anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Willingness to learn new tasks, work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Must be able to accurately enter data and perform calculations for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Competently enter data in and deliver reports from financial record systems, e.g. QuickBooks, PeopleSoft/Oracle products.
- Proven ability to successfully navigate through multiple computer systems to complete job activities in a timely manner.
$80K annual salary Emeryville, CA